Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hostels I have stayed at...

I have never stayed at a hostel.  Needless to say I was a little apprehensive about the experience being a married 32 year old.  It has been great so far.  I did my research & passed by the hostels that had sub par internet reviews.  I stayed at the Rocky Mountain Inn & Hostel in Winter Park, CO, the Lazy Lizard Hostel in Moab, UT & I am currently staying at the Grand Canyon International Hostel.  I recommend them all. 


Rocky Mountain Inn & Hostel has been, by far the nicest, but also the most expensive @ $24 for a bed.  This place is nice & the guests run the gamut of ages & backgrounds.  Most people are there to ski & snowboard so their is always a conversation about how everyones day was on the Mountain.


The Lazy Lizard in Moab is cheap & the accommodations are very, well...Moab.  It is a cool place & cheap.  I had a private room for $23 & dorm beds are $9.  It is a great home base for all your travels in & around Moab.


I am now at Grand Canyon and/or DuBeau Route 66 International Hostel  which is very cozy & has a great energy. Beds are $19 & the joints (they have two locations close to each other) are right across the tracks & Route 66 from downtown & all the action (nightlife, dining, shopping & drinking) in Flagstaff, although there seems to be lots do on both sides of the tracks.  They have a free "continental beakfast" that is a nice supplement to a real breakfast.


The great thing about hostels is the commons areas.  You can meet the most interesting people & have the greatest conversations hanging out, cooking your dinner, eating it or just doing laundry.  I have met people from all over the world & the US.


If I happen to stay in any more hostels I will definitely do a quick write up & let you know what I think about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment