Thursday, March 4, 2010

Proposed route for week one & two

Day one: I will drive for about 11 or 12 hours & spend the night in a cheap roadside hotel in Nebraska then wake up early & drive straight to Winter Park, CO, where I will be staying in a hostel, The Rockie Mtn. Inn & Hostel & will ski for 3 days.  From there I will stay with my Ridemonkey friend Dan & his wife.  They are both anthropologists, so I know we will get along swimmingly (plus I have met Dan before & he is cool).  The next few days will be more playing in the mountains, snow shoeing, skiing & exploring.  Then off to Moab for a week where I will hike, backpack, & camp for a week.  I might even rendezvous with Zach there.  The next few weeks are all up in the air from there with maybe a trip to the Zion, the Grand Canyon, or more skiing in Colorado.

View Into the Mild v1 in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment