Friday, March 19, 2010

In Flagstaff catching up....

Since my last post I have stayed with friends near Grand Junction, I skied Powderhorn with 12" of freshies   & spent a couple nights in Moab, where I couldnt hike the La Sals like I wanted, but I rode...but the Amasa Back trail ate my bike...so I left, then stopped at Bryce Canyon on my way to Zion, spent a couple of days there where I had a stellar day of hiking (12 miles, 3,000' vertical, 1 slot canyon & a helluva' overlook) & perfect camping weather...Now I am in Flagstaff, AZ, where I will ski (xc & downhill), hike (the Grand Canyon) & just chill for a few a few days.

Anyways....here are some pics.
Snowshoeing with some good people.



Hiking to Hanging Lake & Spouting Rock with the same good people.






Colorado National Monument.



Skiing at Powderhorn.



Moab, on the Amassa Back mountain bike trail/jeep trail.


Same trail, different spot.

Jeeps on the trail.  (I saw Kabotas too)


Moab's Red Rocks eat bike parts.

Me happy to be in Moab.

My campsite in Moab. I saw a big rockslide off on that wall one morning. Awesome.

Morning over the Colorado River in Moab.

I am now in Flagstaff & I owe yall pics of Bryce Canyon (where I narrowly escaped a rock fall in a slot canyon...details later ((how is that for a tease!)) & Zion, where I did a 12 mile & 3000' hiking in half a day.  It has been great so far.  Tomorrow I go to hike in a gian hole in the ground here in Northern AZ, I think some call it the Grand Canyon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment